Autumn Holidays

Hello, sorry I have not been blogging much, but for the past two weeks its been the autumn holidays. I have mostly just been relaxing, and just having a good time, so blogging has not been a main focus. However, school is back and so am I.

So at this point you may be asking what could have kept me so busy (or relaxed) over the holidays that I didn't even think to blog. Well if that's what you were thinking, I was away on a camp in Waihola, Waihola is a small town settled next to a lake, and the town is 30 minutes south of Dunedin. It is one of my favorite places in the world, and is the perfect getaway from a stressful year.

We had to drive to Waihola which took over 5 hours, with all my family crammed into one car, but the drive down was actually really enjoyable, and when we got to Waihola it had snowed! We were so excited because it hasn't snowed where we live for years! I t also snowed the next day, so we had two lovely days of snowmen, and sleds, and snowball fights. I actually ended up with a grazed eyeball from that snowball fight haha.




There were lots of activities like flying fox, horse riding, sledding etc. But even without the activities I would have had a great time with my friends. Most of the camp we were giggling and just enjoying ourselves so it was like the perfect week.

The lake and the landscapes are all so beautiful, and its also a christian camp, so that's a bonus. The camp had a real focus on parents, but it did have some really good points about women and our glory, and our downfall:

-We are all beautiful
-We always expect too much from our husbands
-We expect too much because we were made for more, we were made for God.

Those were just some of the points, he had plenty more, and it has really inspired me to try to be more understanding of others.

If there was anyway you could get to Waihola I would thoroughly recommend it, even if you didn't go to the campsite, the little town is really lovely as well.

Hope you enjoyed this post, I would love to hear what you did in the holidays, or what you are planning for the next one.


Amesmames xx


No comments

Post a Comment

A Weekend in Wellington

When my best friend, Ellie, moved to Wellington for uni at the beginning of the year she made me promise to come at visit her at least once ...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig