Sixteen

















Looking over these photos has made me so nostalgic. It feels like just yesterday I was in the kitchen baking those cupcakes when in reality it was 6 years ago. 
Sixteen already! I can't believe how fast it's gone! While I feel like I have achieved a lot in the past 16 years I think the most important thing for me is how I've grown and developed as a person.

I have gained so much confidence, and have gone from a shy, needy girl to an independent and social woman. (apologies for the cheesiness) I used to be scared starting conversations with people and constantly worried about what people think. I was insecure, and thought that I would never be as cool or fun as my friends. 

However, last year in school I wasn't in many classes with my close friends, and I had to branch out and talk to people or I would be lonely all year. I was terrified! The thought of having to make new friendships was hard enough for me, but doing it without my best friends there to help me? I thought it was impossible. It actually only took me a couple of months to realize that making new friends wasn't that bad at all. In fact, I loved, and still do love, getting to know people and finding out what makes them tick. I, now, go out of my way to talk to new people, and make new friendships.
My fear of starting conversations and what people think of me has almost completely disappeared after realizing that it doesn't matter. If they like me, great! I have a new friend. If they don't, who cares, I've done the best that I can. 

I've grown a lot in my faith as well. I used to think I knew everything there was to know because I've grown up in a christian home, gone to a christian school, and heard every bible story there was to tell. I thought I was better than everyone else. I was a nice person, always happy to help a friend out, always generous with my time and money, never angry at my friends. I thought I was the ultimate good christian girl.
I was so wrong! I'm realizing how undeserving, prideful, and ungrateful I am for Christ's sacrifice. But I'm also realizing how much I need Christ.

It's funny looking back at myself exactly one year ago, and seeing how much I've changed. I'm really proud of myself, and hope to keep challenging myself, and branching out this year.


Amesmames xx




No comments

Post a Comment

A Weekend in Wellington

When my best friend, Ellie, moved to Wellington for uni at the beginning of the year she made me promise to come at visit her at least once ...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig