Written in the Stars - School Ball 2018

 Autumn is now behind us,and we have reached that dreary time of year when school seems to go on for an age. There is only one thing that keeps me going mid-year, and that is our school ball (my school actually calls it a formal, but ball sounds so much nicer!). This year - my last year - the theme was 'written in the stars'. I tried to keep things simple and elegant because, in my opinion, less is more.
For makeup I put in a lot of research to find the best artist. After a solid couple of weeks searching I decided upon Kasia Stanicich. She did a brilliant job, and both her and her mother are so lovely!
I don't usually wear a lot of foundation and skin products, so we kept the base really natural. For the eyes we went for a champange halo eye with winged liner and falsies. I loved it!
I had my hair done at Merivales Hair and Beauty by the lovely Corrin. We went for a simple low bun and loose curls. Corrin did a fabulous job getting both mine and my friends hair done in 40 minutes so we could make out next appointment on time.
Then, of course, there is the dress! I spent the longest time finding this, in fact I started properly dress shopping while I was in Switzerland at the beginning of the year. This year I wanted the dress to be quite light coloured as last year my dress was a dark, seaweed green. I must have spent hours scrolling through the iconic before finally I settled on this ivory lace cocktail dress by Shona Joy. (similar style here). I paired the dress with some nude pumps.
The lace detailing on the dress is absolutely beautiful!
I had the most wonderful evening, although I spent a good 2.5 hours out of 4 taking photos. Once the night was over my friends and I had a girly sleepover sipping champagne and stuffing ourselves with smores dip, pizza and mini spring rolls, so it was basically perfect.
Now it's back to school work for another two terms until I can finally get all dolled up again for graduation at the end of the year!


Amy xx


No comments

Post a Comment

A Weekend in Wellington

When my best friend, Ellie, moved to Wellington for uni at the beginning of the year she made me promise to come at visit her at least once ...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig