Christchurch Chinese Lantern Festival







Christchurch hosts this lovely Chinese lantern festival every year. And although I've only been twice it's fair to say that I love it! I love busy atmosphere, and the different lanterns you see as you walk through the park.
It's so special to be able to see people reactions to the beautiful lit up scenes as you walk along the path of the park. I especially love seeing the children laugh and smile at the precious lanterns.
We bought some pork dumplings and green tea to share as we we walked from scene to scene, and they had a massive stage so you could sit and watch some Chinese performances, and learn about the culture.
It was such a lovely experience, and I'm looking forward to next years festival!


Amesmames xx


No comments

Post a Comment

A Weekend in Wellington

When my best friend, Ellie, moved to Wellington for uni at the beginning of the year she made me promise to come at visit her at least once ...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig