Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Depending on Him

Last year when I started the year, I was in a different school to all my friends, and there were only four other people my age, so I found that really difficult. I learn better when I am with friends, which i guess teachers will never believe, but it's true. I get to shy and scared to ask questions, without friends, or at least people I talk to regularly. So without my friends I wasn't really learning, and I wasn't communicating how I was feeling to the teacher. We ended up going over most of the stuff I already knew.

But if there was one thing that got better while I was there, it was my relationship with God. I depended on him a lot. Everyday I needed him to get me out of bed, to get dressed, and to actually go to school, and everyday my relationship with him got stronger.

Half way through the year, I moved to the big school because I was getting depressed. I was with all my friends again, and I was thriving. Everything got better. That is everything apart from my relationship with God. Now I hardly depend on him at all, so the relationship is suffering. I have been trying to build it up again, but without depending on him I have so much trouble.

Yesterday at youth group an interesting verse was read out and kind of reminded me how Christians should be aiming to act. Actually there were a couple. They were;
Romans 12:14,17-21 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse... Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the lord. To the contrary, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing so you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

They aren't exactly the kind of verses that change your life, but it reminded me how far away I've grown from God. So I am going to try and do just what they say.Maybe these verses have inspired you, maybe not. I would love to hear in the comments


Amesmames xx

P.s. Lush Review coming soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popflex Activewear

Popflex  is an active wear brand created by youtube, pilates instructor Cassey Ho, also known as Blogilates. I've been following C...